Letter from Miss Toni newman
As fall approaches and students return to school in San Francisco, I have been reflecting on my time at LYRIC. I have served as the organization’s Interim Executive Director for one year and it has presented both challenges and great rewards.
Our organization has survived and adapted in the pandemic. We are emerging as a worker-driven organization with a strong leadership team, with countless lessons learned and best practices from a year of implementing programs remotely in service of LGBTQQ+ youth. I’d like to share with you a few updates on what we have been up to
- We are finalizing our executive search and anticipate announcing a new permanent Executive Director within the next month to lead the organization in its next phase.
- LYRIC’s Board of Directors and Leadership Team are proud to announce the union contract with OPIEU-29 has been ratified for frontline staff.
- We have resumed full-time to in-person services at our Purple House.
- LYRIC is entering this new fiscal year in good financial standing with healthy reserves.
- We have raised 80% of the $2.5 million Flourish with LYRIC Campaign goal for renovation.
- We are excited to begin construction on our new first-floor building in early 2022.
Thank you for your ongoing support of LGBTQQ+ youth and of our work.
LYRIC’s PURPLE HOUSE IS NOW OPEN!
LYRIC is now open Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm.
Youth 24 and under can drop-in and access information on our programs and services, as well as pick up food bags, hygiene kits, safer sex supplies and connect with staff.
Youth who are currently enrolled in case management with a Youth Advocate can meet at the LYRIC house by appointment only.
Youth who would like to connect with a Youth Advocate for the first time to receive supportive services, please contact us at:
415.703.6150 x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out three community building groups starting this fall!
COMMUNITY BUILDING GROUPS FALL 2021
JOIN US AT SF ALOHA RUN FOR SOLIDARITY
Join the Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC) in their 10k, 5k and virtual run/walk the SF Aloha Run in support of LYRIC!
For the past several years, JCYC have been donating the run proceeds to groups who are aligned with their values: Community, Diversity, Integrity, Cooperation, Compassion and Vision.
Proceeds from the run will be donated to the LYRIC, Tsuru For Solidarity and will also provide scholarships for low-income, first generation college students through the JCYC Scholarship Programs.
We thank JCYC for their partnership and encourage you to get involved in these 3 ways:
1. Register to the event and Run for Solidarity!
2. Make a donation here.
3. Join Team LYRIC and help us raise more funds sharing with your friends and family! Just use the code LYRIC when making the registration.
For more information about JCYC, check out their website.
WE ARE HIRING!
Do you want to work for a mission-driven organization focused on developing this generation of LGBTQQ+ youth?
Come work at LYRIC!
Check out open positions on our Careers page!