LYRIC’s Youth Advocates are available by appointment to help with your needs. All services are FREE.
Youth Advocates can help you with the following:
- legal name change
- gender change
- housing applications
- job search
- assistance budgeting
- school enrollment
- connection to HIV/STI testing and treatment
- and much more!
LYRIC Youth Advocacy for Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Youth
We support young trans and gender non-conforming people in the goals they choose for themselves. In the past these have included:
- transition-related non-medical devices, e.g., binders, bras, packers, etc., that support folks presenting the way they wish
- navigating medical and insurance systems
- finding therapists and mental health providers
- accessing care such as acupuncture, vocal therapy, chiropractors
- preparing emotionally for medical visits and procedures
- searching for and applying to employment and leadership opportunities
- accessing and maintaining housing that is safe for TGNC people
- changing and obtaining identity documents like state IDs, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, and passports
- navigating gender- and sex-based marginalization and oppression from friends, family, community, providers, etc.
LYRIC’s programs and services are open to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQQ) youth and allies 24 years old and younger. If you are a youth and would like to become involved in any of our programs and services, including Youth Advocacy, the first step is to schedule a 1-on-1 New Participant Intake.
LYRIC Reception Hours:
Monday through Friday, 11 am – 6pm, (closed 1 – 2 pm)