LYRIC Youth Advocacy for Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Youth
We support young trans and gender non-conforming people in the goals they choose for themselves. In the past these have included:
- transition-related non-medical devices, e.g., binders, bras, packers, etc., that support folks presenting the way they wish
- navigating medical and insurance systems
- finding therapists and mental health providers
- accessing care such as acupuncture, vocal therapy, chiropractors
- preparing emotionally for medical visits and procedures
- searching for and applying to employment and leadership opportunities
- accessing and maintaining housing that is safe for TGNC people
- changing and obtaining identity documents like state IDs, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, and passports
- navigating gender- and sex-based marginalization and oppression from friends, family, community, providers, etc.
Community Building Group for TGNC youth: What’s the T?
- A community building group for trans and gender non-conforming youth 18 and under to meet each other, build relationships, and discuss topics like healthy communication, gender journeys, TGNC hxstory, sewing, astrology, and arts and crafts
- Special field trips, have included a TGNC-only pool party, cooking classes, and indoor rock climbing
- Tuesdays, 4:30pm-6:30pm
For more information about What’s the T? and how to join group, contact Sonemani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Name and Gender Marker Change Guide
This guide is the result of LYRIC staff’s and youth’s work and experiences navigating the legal name and gender marker change process in California. This guide is focused on young people who live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are working with LYRIC Youth Advocates, but there are steps and information that can be applied to others embarking on different processes.
View and download guide here: Legal Name & Gender Marker Change A step-by-step guide
TGI N’ Fine Zine Vol. 1
A resource & care zine for trans, gender non-conforming, and intersex youth co-created by Leif P., JoJo T. and Kyla C. Cover artwork by Dana Chan.
View and download zine here: TGI N’ Fine Zine Vol. 1
Community Health & Wellness Access outside of LYRIC
For general information about LYRIC’s TGNC Health and Wellness, contact Program Director Bishop (they/them/their) at email@example.com