18-24 YEARS OLD?
NEED HOUSING ASSISTANCE?
LYRIC is a designated Coordinated Entry site for homeless or marginally housed transitional age youth (18-24 years old). We can help with Problem Solving and Housing Assessment to prioritize youth for housing in the community.
WHAT IS YOUTH COORDINATED ENTRY?
Youth Coordinated Entry is a city-wide system for helping youth find permanent supportive housing and rapid re-housing in San Francisco. LYRIC serves as an Access Point for LGBTQQ youth experiencing homelessness by providing housing navigation services and advocacy throughout the Youth Coordinated Entry process.
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS LOOK LIKE? REQUIREMENTS
You must be in one of the following living situations in San Francisco to qualify for Problem Solving and Housing Assessment:
- Living in a housing unit (with or without your own lease) but experiencing domestic violence, sexual, or physical abuse
- Living in an unsheltered location (street, car, etc.)
- Living in an emergency shelter in San Francisco
- Living in a housing unit (with or without your own lease) but you’ve been asked to leave (within the next 14 days) and have nowhere else to go
- Living in many different locations, not consistently staying in one place (couchsurfing, etc.)
Please reach out to us if you don’t meet these requirements, as we may still be able to work with you for housing navigation!
Problem Solving helps you avoid entering a public shelter or street homelessness by working with you to find an immediate housing solution. If a Problem Solving plan doesn’t work out and you become homeless again, you can come back to an Access Point for more Problem Solving services and/or a Housing Assessment.
The Housing Assessment will ask you questions about housing, safety, disability, mental health, crisis services, arrest history, income and health. This information will be used to determine if you are eligible for housing. Youth with the greatest barriers to housing, the longest histories of homelessness, and the highest level of vulnerability are prioritized for services.
Download this information: LYRIC’s Youth Coordinated Entry Brochure