Community Leadership is a paid leadership opportunity for LGBTQQ+ youth and allies ages 18-24.
LYRIC is currently hiring for TWO Spring 2020 cohorts!
Participants will be connected with job-readiness training and community-based projects designed to help them explore their personal and professional interests and build leadership skills.
The program is designed to meet each participant’s needs by providing flexible schedules and individualized support tailored to the interests and needs of participants!
Develop leadership skills while building community and creating a more just society! For more information, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where we’ll build community among ourselves and plan our community service project!
- You’ll have the option to attend meetings on Mondays or Wednesdays depending on your schedule!
- Optional opportunity to come in to the LYRIC office and work on your professional goals! This can include creating a resume, writing a cover letter, or applying for a job!
Leadership Development Opportunities
- These opportunities will occur throughout the course of the program. Sign ups will happen every week during our Group Meetings. These include opportunities to:
- Advocate for your community at city forums and events;
- Perform outreach for LYRIC at various public fairs (school fairs, career fairs, college fairs, special events, etc.);
- Develop valuable resources for LYRIC youth such as our monthly Youth Newsletter;
- And more!
Group Meetings Schedule
|Monday Cohort||Wednesday Cohort||Time|
|Monday 3/23||Wednesday 3/25||3-5pm|
|Monday 3/30||Wednesday 4/1||3-5pm|
|Monday 4/6||Wednesday 4/8||3-5pm|
|Tuesday 4/14*||Wednesday 4/15||3-5pm|
|Monday 4/20||Wednesday 4/22||3-5pm|
|Monday 4/27||Wednesday 4/29||3-5pm|
|Monday 5/4||Wednesday 5/6||3-5pm|
|Monday 5/11||Wednesday 5/13||3-5pm|
|Monday 5/18||Wednesday 5/20||3-5pm|
|Tuesday 5/26*||Wednesday 5/27||3-5pm|
|Monday 6/1||Wednesday 6/10||3-5pm|
|Monday 6/8||Wednesday 6/17||3-5pm|
- Must be 18-24 years old
- Minimum requirement of 25 hours to complete the program, but participants are eligible and encouraged to do more!
- Work requirements are able to be met
Community Leadership is a 12-week opportunity. This Spring 2020 LYRIC will have two cohorts simultaneously.
Monday Cohort: March 23, 2020 – June 15, 2020
Wednesday Cohort: March 25, 2020 – June 17, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
1. Reach out to Trey for more information about the program.
2. Apply online here (We’re accepting applications until March 6, 2020)
3. We’ll contact you and confirm a time to interview you (between March 9 – 12)
4. Learn if you were accepted on March 13th!
You can also reach out to Trey (he/him/his) at email@example.com for more information and learn how to apply.